Department of Social Development
The social development department plans to submit the Draft South African Social Security Agency Amendment Bill to cabinet during 2022.
The department confirmed this during a briefing in parliament on its 2022/23 Annual Performance Plan.
Other legislation in the pipeline during the current financial year includes:
- Draft regulations on Children’s Amendment Bill to be submitted to the social development minister for approval;
- Refine and validate the Draft Social Development Bill;
- Draft Regulations on Older Persons Amendment Bill to be drawn up;
- Submit the Draft Victim Support Services Bill to cabinet for approval;
- Produce a Draft National Development Agency Amendment Bill;
- Table Draft Non-Profit Organisation Amendment Bill in cabinet and parliament; and
- Develop the Draft White Paper on Comprehensive Social Security.
Meanwhile, in Government Gazette 46255, the South African Council for Social Service Professions published a revised notice in terms of Regulation 11 on the election of members of the 5th South African Council for Social Service Professions and Regulation 15 on the election of members of the 5th Professional Board for Social Work and 4th Professional Board for Child and Youth Care Work.
The polling day and time for the election of the 5th South African Council for Social Service Professions, 5th Professional Board for Social Work and 4th Professional Board for Child and Youth Care Work is set for 16h00 on 16 May 2022.