Department of Sport and Recreation
Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Regulations are in place.
The sport and recreation department published the regulations in Government Gazette 40661 in terms of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act.
The regulations contain detail on:
• Existing stadium or venue safety certificates;
• High risk event grading certificates;
• Certification requirements for existing stadium or venue safety and grading certificates;
• Criteria to qualify for stadium or venue safety and grading certificates;
• New stadium or venue design safety certificates;
• Approval for alterations or extensions to stadiums or venues;
• Contents of safety certificate applications;
• Amendment to and replacement of safety certificates; and
• Appeal procedure.
The regulations also contain detail on application forms for an existing stadium or venue and grading certificate, local authority existing stadium or venue and event grading certificate, application forms for new stadium or venue design safety certificate, local authority new stadium or venue design safety certificate, application forms for a certificate of alteration of or extension to a stadium or venue, local authority certificate for written approval to erect a temporary structure to alter or extend a stadium or venue and application forms for notification of an appeal against a decision taken or any dispute arising in terms of the act.