Department of Cooperative Governance
No liquor may be sold by a licensed premises for off-site consumption from Friday 2 April 2021 from 00H01 until Monday 5 April 2021 at 23H59.
The Regulation is contained in amendments to Disaster Management Act Regulations published by the cooperative governance department in Government Gazette 44367.
Other Regulations include:
• Curfew from 00H00 until 04H00 daily;
• Closing time for establishments such as cinemas, theatres, casinos, museums, public swimming pools, beaches and public parks, gyms, restaurants, bars and sports stadiums is 23H00;
• Attendance at funerals limited to 100 persons or less or if venue too small to maintain social distancing then not more than 50% of capacity;
• Gatherings limited to 250 persons or less for indoor and 500 persons or less for outdoor or if venue too small to maintain social distancing then not more than 50% of capacity; and
• Sale of liquor by licensed premises for on-site consumption permitted subject to closing time.
Regulations 2.3.4 and 5 came into effect on the date of publication while Regulation 6 on sale, dispensing and transportation of liquor will come into effect on 2 April 2021 at 00H01.