Select Committee on Communications and Public Enterprises
The national council of provinces (NCOP) seeks comment on the Ikamva Digital Skills Institute Bill.
The bill was tabled in May 2018 as the iKamva National e-Skills Institute Bill. During deliberations, the title was amended to include reference to “digital skills”.
The national assembly passed the bill and sent it to the NCOP for concurrence in December 2018.
The iKamva Digital Skills Institute Bill aims to:
• provide for the promotion of the development and meaningful use of digital skills;
• provide for the establishment of the iKamva Digital Skills Institute;
• provide for the objects and functions of the Institute;
• provide for the establishment and functions of collaborative laboratories for digital skills knowledge production, training and coordination;
• provide for the governance and management arrangements of the Institute; and
• provide for matters connected therewith.
The select committee on communications and public enterprises invites comment until 8 March 2019.