Department of Cooperative Governance
Disaster Management Act Regulations have been amended.
The cooperative governance department published the amended Regulations in Government Gazette 44642.
Measures in the amended Regulations include:
• Curfew from 23h00 until 04h00 daily;
• Mandatory for every person to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times when in public spaces;
• Closing time for establishments including cinemas; theatres; casinos; museums; beaches; game parks; gyms; restaurants; bars and sport venues is 22h00;
• Funerals remain restricted to no more than 100 people and night vigils, after-funeral gatherings and ‘after-tears’ gatherings not allowed;
• Gatherings to be limited to a maximum of 100 people indoors and 250 people outdoors – venues too small to accommodate the numbers with appropriate social distancing can only use 50% of the capacity – includes religious services, political events and social gatherings, restaurants, bars and taverns;
• Night clubs remain closed;
• 20 fully operational land borders to remain open and 33 closed land borders to remain closed;
• Sale of liquor by licensed premises for off-site consumption permitted during licensed trading hours and by licensed premises for on-site consumption permitted subject to closing time;
A new Table 3 on Adjusted Alert Level 2 setting out specific exclusions is inserted.
Passenger ships for international travel, spectators at sporting events, night clubs and night vigils remain banned.
In Notice 476, the department announced the move to Adjusted Alert Level 2 in place from 31 May 2021.