Department of Cooperative Governance
Disaster Management Act Regulations have been amended.
The cooperative governance department published the amended Regulations in Government Gazette 44066.
New definitions on “beach” and “estuary” are added to Regulation 1.
A new Chapter 4 on Adjusted Alert Level 3 is inserted.
• Curfew from 21H00 until 05H00 daily;
• Closing time for establishments including cinemas, theatres, casinos, museums, gyms and restaurants set at 20H00;
• Wearing of face masks mandatory in public except for children under 6 years of age and people undertaking vigorous exercise;
• Attendance at funerals limited to a maximum of 50 people – no night vigils and after-funeral gatherings allowed;
• Night clubs; swimming pools; bars, taverns and shebeens and public parks without access control measures and entry limitations to remain closed;
• Initiation practices prohibited nationally except for remaining new initiates in the Eastern Cape who will be allowed to complete initiation school;
• Visits to correctional centres, remand detention facilities, police cells, hospitals and clinics and old age homes prohibited;
• All land ports of entry closed until 15 February 2021 with some exceptions allowed;
• Visas of foreign nationals in South Africa extended to 31 March 2021;
• Sale and dispensing of liquor for off-site and on-site consumption prohibited; and
• Wine tasting at wine farms prohibited;
A new Chapter 7 on Hotspots is also inserted.
Failure to comply with provisions can result in a fine or imprisonment up to six months or to both fine and imprisonment.
The amendments came into effect on the date of publication.