Department of Cooperative Governance
Disaster Management Act Regulations have been amended.
The cooperative governance department published the amended Regulations in Government Gazette 44772.
A new Chapter 3 on Adjusted Alert Level 4 is inserted.
Measures to apply across the country from 28 June 2021 include:
• All gatherings – whether indoors or outdoors are prohibited – includes religious, political, cultural and social gatherings.
• Funerals and cremations are permitted – attendance to not exceed 50 people and all social distancing and health protocols must be observed.
• Night vigils, after-funeral gatherings and ‘after-tears’ gatherings are not allowed.
• Public spaces, such as beaches and parks, will remain open with no gatherings.
• Curfew in place from 9pm to 4am – all non-essential establishments to close by 8pm.
• The sale of alcohol both for on-site and off-site consumption is prohibited – designed to ease pressure on hospitals due to alcohol-related emergency incidents.
• Travel in and out of Gauteng for leisure purposes prohibited – does not include work, business or commercial travel, transit through airports or transport of goods. Visitors in or out of Gauteng will be able to return home.
• Visits to old age homes, care facilities and other ‘congregant settings’ will be restricted.
• Restaurants and other eateries will only be permitted to sell food for take-away or delivery – no eating or drinking in establishments.
• Schools and tertiary institutions to close from 30 June 2021 – early childhood development centres to remain open.
In Notice 564, the department announced, in terms of the act, that Adjusted Alert Level 4 will apply nationally from 28 June 2021.