Department of Cooperative Governance
Disaster Management Act Regulations have been amended to reflect the move to Adjusted Alert Level 3 Lockdown.
The cooperative governance department published the amended Regulations in Government Gazette 44715.
A new Chapter 4 on Adjusted Alert Level 3 is inserted.
• Curfew to start at 10pm and end at 4am;
• Non-essential establishments such as restaurants, bars, cinemas and fitness centres to close by 9pm to allow employees and patrons to travel home before the curfew;
• All gatherings to be limited to a maximum of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors – where the venue is too small to accommodate these numbers with appropriate social distancing, then no more than 50 per cent of the capacity of the venue may be used;
• Attendance at funerals and cremations may not exceed 50 people and all social distancing and health protocols must be observed;
• The sale of alcohol from retail outlets for off-site consumption will only be permitted between 10am and 6pm from Monday to Thursday;
• Alcohol sales for on-site consumption will be permitted as per licence conditions up to 9pm;
• Night vigils, after-funeral gatherings and ‘after-tears’ gatherings are not allowed;
• Mandatory to wear a face mask in public; and
• Night clubs remain closed.
The amended Regulations came into force on 16 June 2021.
Meanwhile, in Notice 529, the department confirmed that Adjusted Alert Level 3 applied nationally from 16 June 2021.