Department of Economic Development
18 October 2019
The Competition Commission has published detail on closed conditional merger approvals.
The notifications were published in Government Gazette 42776.
Included in the list is MPACT Limited and Remade Holdings (PTY) Ltd and the Property Companies; Peugeot SA and General Motors LLC in respect of the Opel Business; Super Group Trading (PTY) Ltd and Corsair Logistics (PTY) Ltd; WAL-MART INC and MASSMART Holdings Ltd; CTP Limited and Private Property South Africa (PTY) Ltd.
Meanwhile, in a raft of notices in the same Gazette, the Competition Commission provided detail on notifications to approve with conditions various transactions and one prohibition:
• Notice 1351 – Skyblu Technologies Proprietary Limited and Altech SA Proprietary Limited – approve with conditions;
• Notice 1352– Country Bird Holdings (Pty) Ltd and Opti Agri (PTY) LTD- approve with conditions;
• Notice 1353 – Neopak Proprietary Ltd and APL Cartons (PTY) Ltd – approve with conditions;
• Notice 1354 – Subtropico Limited and KLK Landbou Limited – approve with conditions;
• Notice 1355 – Rebel Packaging (PTY) Ltd and Seyfert Corrugated Western Cape (PTY) Ltd – transaction prohibited;
• Notice 1356 – MMC Treasury Holdings (UK) Limited and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group PLC – approve with conditions;
• Notice 1357 – Ekapa Mining Proprietary Limited and Crown Resources Proprietary Limited – approve with conditions.